Chapter 16 Learning Objectives:
- Use arrow diagrams to represent the relationships in multivariate models.
- Distinguish between stochastic and systematic components of multivariate models.
- Explain the logic of elaboration analysis, or how statistical control is used in contingency tables to test multivariate models.
- Explain the logic of multiple regression analysis, including the meaning of partial regression coefficients, specification errors, and multicollinearity.
- Describe how path analysis may be applied to complex multivariate models.