Chapter 8 Learning Objectives:
- Identify the major threats to internal validity and apply them to faulty research designs.
- Describe the three basic pre-experimental designs and the principal validity threats to each.
- Compare the strengths and weaknesses of the major types of true experimental designs.
- Explain how factorial experimental designs can identify interaction effects and enhance external validity.
- Describe variants of quasi-experimental designs and how they attempt to rule out threats to internal validity.