Links to key legislation referred to in the book are available by visiting the 'Links to key legislation' resource.
Website for statutes and statutory instruments from 1988 onwards.
Bills currently before Parliament.
Law Commission: Annual Reports, Consultation Papers, Reports, Law under Review
Links to key cases referred to in the book are available by visiting the 'Links to key cases' resource.
Court of Appeal Website: includes Court of Appeal (since 1964), Chancery Court (since 1994), Queen's Bench Division, and other judgments since 1996.
Supreme Court Website: for decided case in the Supreme Court as well as a link to House of Lords judgments since 14th November 1996.
BAILII Website: the British and Irish Legal Information Institute provides access to over 34 databases and around 475,000 searchable documents. Includes Court of Appeal and High Court decisions from 1996 onwards.
The Daily Law Notes: updates from the House of Lords, the Privy Council, the Court of Appeal and all divisions of the High Court. Reports of cases are summarised and are not the full text which will appear later in the Weekly Law Reports or elsewhere. But the site may be useful for key aspects of a judgment immediately after it is handed down.
Euro Lex website containing the Official Journal of the European Union, the Treaties, legislation, legislation in preparation. case-law, parliamentary questions and documents of public interest.
Other online legal resources
Legal databases by subscription
Your university library may have an Athens account allowing you access to online case databases for free. These include:
- Westlaw: database of cases, statutes, articles and more.
- Justis databases: covers Statutes, Statutory Instruments and cases from the Weekly Law Reports, Times Law Reports, Lloyds Law Reports, Common Market Law Reports, and others.
Links to legal resources
- Delia Venables Website: useful site with a student section, lots of useful legal links.
- Legal Links: various links.
- Access To Law: knowledge management/information portal. Access to Law aims to provide legal practitioners with quick and easy access to high-quality free legal information on the Internet.
For law students
- Law Campus: law courses and careers. Lex on the web for law students.
- MootingNet: resource for mooters.
- Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations: Covers over 7000 abbreviations for language legal publications from the UK and Commonwealth.
- Law Dictionaries provides links to free online law dictionaries and other useful tools for law students and practitioners.