Additional reading on the nature and content of the contract of employment
- Davies and M. Freedland (eds), Kahn-Freund’s Labour and the Law (London, Stevens and Sons, 1983) 17–20 and 29–37.
- Freedland, The Personal Employment Contract (Oxford, OUP, 2003) 113–195.
- Brodie, The Employment Contract: Legal Principles, Drafting, and Interpretation (Oxford, OUP, 2005) 31–36, 145–197.
- Brodie, The Contract of Employment (Edinburgh, Thomson/W Green, Scottish Universities Law Institute, 2008) 25–32 and 155–183.
- Collins, Employment Law, 2nd edition (Oxford, OUP, 2010) 3–20.
- Freedland and N. Kountouris The Legal Construction of Personal Work Relations (Oxford, OUP, 2011) 177–221.
- Collins, ‘The Contract of Employment in 3D’ in D. Campbell, L Mulcahy and S. Wheeler (eds.) Changing Concepts of Contract (Palgrave MacMillan, 2013) 65.
Additional reading on the terms of the contract of employment: express, imposed, and implied terms and custom and practice
- Kenner, ‘Statement or Contract—Some Reflections on the EC Employer Information (Contract or Employment Relationship) Directive after Kampelmann’ (1999) 28 Industrial Law Journal205.
- Brodie, ‘Reflecting the Dynamics of Employment Relations: Terms Implied from Custom and Practice and the Albion Case’ (2004) 33 Industrial Law Journal159.
- Russell, ‘Malone v British Airways plc: Protection of Managerial Prerogative’ (2011) 40 Industrial Law Journal207.
- C.L. Davies, ‘Terms Inserted Into the Contract of Employment by Legislation’ in M. Freedland et al. (eds), The Contract of Employment (Oxford, OUP, 2016) 427.